In this article I’m going to tell you about my favourite South Coast wedding venues in Australia. These range from beautiful beach wedding venues in NSW to boho styled luxury wedding venues.
Here is a list of 25+ gorgeous South Coast wedding venues, Australia.
This has been updated for 2021/2022 as well.
The South Coast is most renowned for its white sands, expansive and unbeatable coastal areas, and rustic vibes. As a South Coast wedding photographer I’ve captured almost every venue in the South Coast. If you notice that one is left off of the list and you’d like to see it on the list, swing me an email at email@example.com. In time, I’ll update this with photos of each venue and more text. If you have any questions or want to know my thoughts on a particular venue, please contact me.
Where is the South Coast?
The South Coast of Australia isn’t as South as you think. It is split into four distinctive areas:
- Illawarra Coast – The Illawarra Coast includes the city of Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama areas
- Shoalhaven Coast – The Shoalhaven Coast includes Berry, Nowra, Jervis Bay and Ulladulla areas.
- Eurobodalla Coast – The Eurobodalla Coast includes the main towns of Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma.
- Sapphire Coast – The Sapphire Coast includes the main towns of Bega, Merimbula and Eden.
What makes a wedding in the South Coast perfect for you?
The South Coast is the perfect wedding destination for couples who love the ocean and want to enjoy some of the best coasts in the world for their wedding. A lot of South Coast wedding venues are located in coastal towns with lots of personality and incredible backdrops. Ranging from palm beaches, to hidden waterfalls, and even rolling countryside, the South Coast has an awesome array of venues and wedding locations that will suit everyone.
If you like the idea of getting married in a gorgeous coastal town, or on a beach, then the South Coast will suit your dream wedding perfectly. Especially if you love the idea of a South Coast winery wedding, as there are so many incredible ones around!
What season is best to have a South Coast wedding?
The South Coast is popular with tourists the year round, although in the summer it can get a little busier, especially as school holidays come and many families go down the coast. Wedding seasons in Australia are typically from September to May, with a slight dip between December and January. However in the South Coast, the summer temperatures are alleviated with the beach nearby. The South Coast covers a large amount of terrain, and whilst they may differ, temperatures typically get up to 24°C, and have a low of around 17°C, making it comfortable, even in the heat.
In Winter, things get a bit chillier, with a top of around 17°C, and a low of roughly 9°C. If you’re thinking of taking advantage of some potentially cheaper prices, it may be worth enquiring about a winter wedding in the South Coast.
What other activities are there to do when having a South Coast wedding?
There are some amazing things to do in the South Coast. Lots of incredible adventures are in store for you if you are in staying in the local area in and around your wedding:
- Jervis Bay’s White Sands at Hyams Beach – If you’re near Jervis Bay, you can’t miss the whitest sands in Australia, bar the Whitsundays. Jervis Bay has some of the most incredible sands and stunning views around Australia, so don’t miss out on them!
- Kiama Blowhole and Fish and Chips (Kiama) – If you’re in Kiama, check out the natural blowhole which erupts seawater! Even better with fish and chips or oysters from one of the many local fish and chip shops!
- Breakout Bar and Escape Rooms (Wollongong) – Looking for a great way to build your team before your wedding? The Breakout Bar and Escape Rooms in Wollongong will test you and give you a hell of a time!
- South Coast Sidecar Tours (Wollongong) – Ever fancied seeing the landscape in a slightly different way? South Coast Sidecar Tours are the perfect activity for the thrill seeking couple!
- Rainforest Loop Walk, Budderoo National Park – in Australia we are very lucky to have some of the most vibrant and lush forests in the world, and the Rainforest Loop Walk at Bundaroo is one of the best of them!
- Coastal Paddle Surf (Ullaldulla) – Grab a paddle board, and explore the seas around Ulladulla in relaxed style!
- Carrington Falls (Kiama) – If you’re hunting for a waterfall, look no further! Carrington Falls located just outside Kiama is a sight to behold and provides a great day trip!
- Discover Jervis Bay Luxury Sailing (Jervis Bay) – If you want to push the boat out (literally), then grab a spot on the Jervis Bay Luxury Sailing Experience. See the coastal areas in style!
- South Coast Seaplanes (Broulee) – If you want something a bit more high octane and different, South Coast Seaplanes are perfect for couples that want to see everything the South Coast has to offer by air!
- Silver Smith Workshops (Nowra) – Maybe you lost the wedding ring and need to make another? The Silver Smith Workshop in Nowra will let you make your jewellery and silver rings!
- Bush Safaris (Ulladulla) – With so many beautiful natural spots around the South Coast, Bush Safaris are the perfect way to explore the hidden gems that the South Coast has!
My top 2 South Coast Wedding Venues
Whilst there are a tonne of incredible South Coast Wedding venues, some stand out slightly more than others. So here are my personal top 2:
The Woods Farm Jervis Bay
One of the South Coast’s best wedding venues, The Woods Farm in Jervis Bay is an incredible playground for couples looking to get married on the South Coast of Australia.
The Woods Farm is based on 40 acres of stunning farmland, right in the heart of the Tomerong Forest. As a huge bonus, the beautiful St George’s Basin is a mere 2km from the site. This huge lake is not to be missed, as it is one of the big aquatic attractions on the South Coast. Hyams Beach, a natural wonder in Jervis Bay, is also only 11km away, making it easy to go over for sunset and couples photos.
A huge attraction at The Woods Farm in Jervis bay is the fact that it has farm animals on hand. So during your wedding you’ll be graced with animals such as miniature horses, chickens, peacocks, and even alpacas.
The Cove Jervis Bay
Another gem in Jervis’ Bay bursting crown, The Cove Jervis Bay is the destination for couples who want to have an intimate and fun coastal wedding with tonnes of white-wash beach style. This is the premier Beach wedding venue in NSW.
With direct access to Bherwerre Beach, The Cove at Jervis Bay is an incredible Jervis Bay Wedding Venue, complete with self-contained accommodation, gorgeous outdoor baths, and direct access to the Booderee National Park. If you’re the sort of couple who love the combination of the South Coast’s beach and bush, this is the venue for you.
The units have a gorgeous surf, sand and sea vibe to them, and an extra special ‘bridal room’, where you can get ready in style.
What’s more, stand up paddle boards are free of charge for you and your guests! It’s hard to pass up on such a great offer as this!
To get to The Cove, it’s an easy 20 minute drive, and through the Booderee National Park.
If you love the idea of a beach wedding venue, this is it!
South Coast wedding photographer packages
Six hour wedding packages and Full-day coverage available:
- Personalised elopement timeline and location curation.
- Personal Printing rights to the fully edited digital files (roughly 300 – 600 depending on coverage).
- Secure Online gallery with high-definition image download.
- Travel included for NSW.
- Six hours: $4650.
- Fine art album included in Eight and Ten hour packages.
If you’d like a more tailored quote, please reach out and let me help design your perfect elopement adventure.
The Best South Coast Wedding Venues
Wedding Venues In Illawarra
Wollongong Wedding Venues
As a Woolongong wedding photographer, I’ve discovered and seen so many stunning locations and weddings which will suit any couple who want to have a wedding close to Sydney without the hustle and stress of it! Wollongong offers some of the best wedding venues in Illawarra.
Outdoors Wollongong Wedding Venues
Winery Wollongong Wedding Venues
Beachfront Wollongong Wedding Venues
Hotel Wedding Venues In Wollongong
Rustic Wollongong Wedding Venues
Shellharbour Wedding Venues
The small town of Shellharbour is home to the Crooked River Wines, which is a favourite for couples who love the idea of a South Coast winery wedding.
Indoor Shellharbour Wedding Venues
Shellharbour Winery Wedding Venues
Outdoor Shellharbour Wedding Venues
Rustic Shellharbour Wedding Venues
Kiama Wedding Venues
Kiama is one of the more popular South Coast Wedding destinations, with a lot of resort wedding venues and its famous blowhole.
Beachfront Kiama Wedding Venues
Rustic Kiama Wedding Venues
Outdoors Kiama Wedding Venues
Indoors Kiama Wedding Venues
Kiama Resort Wedding Venues
Kiama Winery Wedding Venues
Shoalhaven Coast Wedding Venues
Berry Wedding Venues
Berry has the best of the South Coast rustic wedding venues. Especially with venues such as Silos Estate, and the Driftwood shed! If you’re after a South Coast wedding venue with charm and rustic vibes, look no further.
Outdoor Berry Wedding Venues
Berry Barn Wedding Venues
Garden Wedding Venues In Berry
Nowra Wedding Venues
Being a Nowra wedding photographer, I’ve become familiar with the beautiful areas around Nowra and the stunning wedding venues around there.
Outdoors Nowra Wedding Venues
Nowra Garden Wedding Venues
Indoors Nowra Wedding Venues
Jervis Bay Wedding Venues
Jervis Bay is one of the most adventurous destination wedding venues in Australia, with golden white sands, and gorgeous rustic wedding venues. Jervis Bay Wedding Venues are some of the best on the South Coast, and as a Jervis Bay Wedding Photographer, I love capturing couples exploring these stunning locations.
Jervis Bay Retreat Wedding Venues
Beachfront Jervis Bay Wedding Venues
Ulladulla Wedding Venues
Ulladulla is home to Mollymook, one of the South Coasts’ most charming little towns. Mollymook is home to amazing sea views and beachfront wedding venues.
Ulladulla Winery Wedding Venues
Ulladulla Barn Wedding Venues
Beachfront Ulladlla Wedding Venues
Ulladulla Church Wedding Venues
Eurobodalla Coast Wedding Venues
Batemans Bay Wedding Venues
Bateman’s Bay is iconic on the South Coast and is home to some stunning resort wedding venues. If you’re stopping through, don’t forget to visit some amazing fish and chip shops there as well.
Batemans Bay Resort Wedding Venues
Beachfront Batemans Bay Wedding Venues
Rustic Batemans Bay Wedding Venues
Moruya Wedding Venues
Moruya is small, but has a real charm to it, and the Surf Life Saving Club is the single wedding venues in the area which is charming and great for the couple who want a personal wedding space.
Indoor Moruya Wedding Venues
Narooma Wedding Venues
Another quaint town on the South Coast, but one which is home to the Narooma Golf Club, which is a fantastic little wedding venues.
Outdoor Narooma Wedding Venues
Sapphire Coast Wedding Venues
Merimbula Wedding Venues
Merimula is surrounded in incredible scenery and with easy access to so many coastal areas, it’s the perfect South Coast wedding destination for couples. Another great location for South Coast rustic wedding venues, especially if you’re a fan of oysters.
Rustic Merimbula Wedding Venues
Outdoor Merimbula Wedding Venues
Indoor Merimbula Wedding Venues
Beachfront Merimbula Wedding Venues
Resort Merimbula Wedding Venues
Merimbula Winery Wedding Venues
Eden Wedding Venues
The gorgeous town of Eden is well known for its whale watching platform and amazing views out the sea. Whilst there are no huge wedding venues here, two incredible DIY wedding venues are available, and great for couples who love to have a bit more of a festival vibe to their wedding.
Eden Beachfront Wedding Venues
The South Coast Wedding Accommodation
- Discovery Parks – Pambula Beach (Pambula)
- Bannisters By The Sea (Mollymook)
- Kendalls Beach Holiday Park (Kiama)
- Quays Hotel (Batemans Bay)
- The Seabird (Moruya)
- Pebbly Beach Escape (East Lynne)
- Nightcap At Archer Hotel (Nowra)
- Kiama Shores (Kiama)
- Nova Kiama (Kiama)
- The Huskisson (Huskisson, Jervis Bay)
The South Coast Vendors
Catering South Coast NSW
South Coast Wedding Makeup
South Coast Wedding Car Hire
South Coast Wedding Celebrant
Kylie Jones Marriage Celebrant
Nicky Surnicky – Marry Me Nicky
Life’s Journeys – Trish Whitfield Jp
Roger Thomson Civil Marriage Celebrant
Creative Celebrations By Mary
Adam Straney – The Master Of Ceremony
Dean Bonnor Marriage Celebrant
Event Hire South Coast
South Coast Acoustic Wedding Singer
South Coast Wedding DJ
South Coast Wedding Band
Wedding Cakes South Coast
South Coast Florist
Just Fake It Bouquets
Peony Perfection – Artificial Silk Flowers
All Occasion Flowers
Heart And Soul Flowers
Florisian Floral Design
Ivy Lane Collective
Flowers With Elegance
J Event Design
Wedding Photo Locations In The South Coast
If you’re thinking about having engagement photos in the South Coast, you’ll find a large variation in the amount of gorgeous locations to have your engagement photos. From the white sands of Jervis Bay, to the coastal zones around Bawley, there are plenty of locations in the South Coast.
The following locations are some of the best engagement photo locations in the South Coast:
- Mermaid Inlet – Jervis Bay
- Hyams Beach – Jervis Bay
- Parma Creek – Jervis Bay
- Pebbly Beach – Bawley
- Glasshouse Rocks – Narooma
- The Blue Pool – Bermagui
- Granite Falls – Mollymook
- Nethercote Falls – Eden
- Tuross Falls Lookout – Narooma
Let’s chat about designing your dream South Coast wedding!