Byron Bay Wedding Venues
Here is a list of venues in Byron Bay, Australia. This has been updated for 2020 as well. Byron Bay is most renowned for its stunning coastal areas, and laid back hippie vibes. The Byron Bay Hinterland, adjacent to the exciting and vibrant town, also provides some stunning villas and wedding retreats for a quintessential wedding experience. As a Byron Bay wedding photographer I’ve captured almost every venue in Byron Bay. If you notice that one is left off of the list and you’d like to see it on the list, swing me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In time I’ll update this with photos of each venue and more text. If you have any questions or want to know my thoughts on a particular venue, please contact me.
What makes a wedding in Byron Bay perfect for you?
Byron Bay is one of the top wedding destinations for couples who are hippies at heart, and who love a wild and bohemian wedding. Wedding venues in Byron Bay take advantage of the proximity to the acclaimed beaches, and provide some of the most beautiful backdrops in all of Australia. Bryon Bay is also 1 hours 20 minutes from the Gold Coast, 2 hours from Brisbane, and 8 hours 30 minutes from Sydney.
If you’re a bohemian couple who love nature, and gorgeous beaches, Byron Bay is the perfect wedding destination for you.
What season is best to have a Byron Bay wedding?
Byron Bay is popular with tourists the year round, although in the summer it can get a little busier, especially with local festivals on. Wedding seasons in Australia are typically from September to May, with a slight dip between December and January. However in Byron Bay, the summer temperatures are alleviated with the beach nearby. Temperatures typically get up to 27°C, and have a low of around 20°C, making it comfortable, even in the heat. You’ll also find that more Byron Bay wedding venues may be booked out further in advance for this season, so get in quick.
Even in the winter though, the temperature can be very pleasant, with a top of around 20°C, and a low of roughly 12°C. If you’re thinking of taking advantage of some potentially cheaper prices, it may be worth enquiring about a winter wedding in Byron Bay.
What other activities are there to do when having a Byron Bay wedding?
There are some amazing things to do in Byron Bay. Lots of incredible adventures are in store for you if you are in staying in the local area in and around your wedding:
- Walk to Minyon Falls – This excursion may take 4 hours return but is worth it to see the stunning Minyon Falls.
- Go horse riding at Pegasus Park Equestrian Centre – Take a horse ride along the beach together and enjoy the sights and sounds Bryon Bay has to offer.
- Go stand up paddling – Stand Up Paddleboarding is a fun, relaxed, and scenic ride for couples who love taking things at a slower pace.
- Have a beer tasting tour at Stone and Wood – Byron Bay’s famous distillery provides an awesome experience for beer lovers out there.
- Go on an Eco Boat or Kayak Tour – See Byron Bay’s scenic turquoise waters in style with a boat or kayak tour.
- Go on a Platypus Walk – The iconic monotreme can be hard to spot sometimes, but this guided walk will give you the best opportunity to see one.
- Skydive in Bryon Bay – For the adrenaline junkies out there. Skydiving at Bryon Bay will give you a thrill ride unlike any other.
- Whale watch from a plane – Byron Bay is graced with Whales at certain seasons, and there may be no better way to see them than by plane.
- Learn how to surf – When it the land of surfers, what better time is there to pick up the surfboard?
- Have a spa day at Elements of Byron – Treat yo self with a spa day at one of Byron Bay’s most quintessential spas.
Byron Bay wedding photographer packages
Six hour wedding packages and Full-day coverage available:
- Personalised wedding timeline and couples photoshoot location curation.
- Personal Printing rights to the fully-edited digital files (roughly 300 – 600 depending on coverage).
- Secure Online gallery with high-definition image download.
- Travel included for NSW.
- Six hours: $4650.
- Fine art album included in Eight and Ten hour packages.
If you’d like a more tailored quote, please reach out and let me help design your perfect Byron Bay Wedding.
The Best Byron Bay Wedding Venues
Byron Bay Hinterland Wedding Venues
The hinterland provides a lush backdrop to couples who love the more country vibe to their big day. From estates, to farms, and multiple barns, these are my top picks for Byron Bay Hinterland wedding venues.
- Byron View Farm
- Forget Me Not
- Earth House
- Byron View Farm
- The Orchard Estate
- The Figs Byron
- Nightcap Ridge
- Bangalow Guesthouse
- Hinterland House
- Cedia House
- Hanging Rock Hall
- The Barn At Byron
Byron Bay Cafe Wedding Venues
Byron Bay Beach Wedding Venues
- Barefoot At Broken Head
- Byron Bay Surf Club
- Kamaya Bali
- Quality Hotel Ballina Beach Resort
- Beach Byron Bay
- Cape Byron Lighthouse
- Beef + Beach
- The Belongil
- Clarkes Beach
- Wategos Beach
- Little Wategos Beach
- Elements Of Byron
Wedding Reception Venues Byron Bay
Retreat Venues Byron Bay
- Villa Rustica
- Summerhills Retreat Byron Bay
- Sundays At Byron
- Byron Cove
- Lighthouse Homestead
- The Fig Tree
- The Orchard Estate
- Ancora Byron Bay
- Osteria Weddings
- Casa Ciani
- Ingleside Byron Bay
- The Byron At Byron
- Midginbil Eco Resort
- Bathhouse Tides
- Château Du Soleil
- Frida’s Field
- Deux Belettes
- Huonbrook Valley
Cheap Wedding Venues Byron Bay
Byron Bay Wedding Chapel
- The Old Church Estate
- Eureka Country Church
- St Columba’s Church Ewingsdale
- St Oswald’s Church Broken Head
Byron Bay Wedding Accommodation
Byron Bay Wedding Vendors
Byron Bay Catering
Byron Bay Marquee Hire
Wedding Entertainment Byron Bay
Wedding Hair And Makeup Byron Bay
Byron Bay Marriage Celebrants
Susie Figgis Byron Celebrant
Nick Erby Marriage Celebrant
Andy Kidd – Civil Celebrant
Phoebe Reed Celebrant
Cheryl Anderson Civil Marriage Celebrant
Debra Hodge – Wedding Celebrant
Shiney Lee Hensby
Jean Marie A Celebrant to See
The Champagne Celebrant – Jacqui Patterson
The Byron Bay Wedding Celebrant
Heidi Robertson – Byron Bay Wedding Celebrant
Wedding Furniture Hire Byron Bay
Event Planner Byron Bay
Tipi Hire Byron Bay
Engagement Photo Locations In Byron Bay
If you’re thinking about having engagement photos in Byron Bay, you’ll find a large variation in the amount of gorgeous locations to have your engagement photos. As a Byron Bay wedding photographer, I’ve done a lot of engagement sessions up in Byron Bay. From sandy beaches, to the stunning parts of the Byron Bay hinterland, there are plenty of locations in Byron Bay.
The following locations are some of the best engagement photo locations in Byron Bay:
- Tallow Ridge Track (Looking Over Tallow Beach)
- Cape Byron (Most Easterly Point Of Australia)
- Milne Track
- Killen Falls
- Minyon Falls
- Lake Ainsworth
- Protestors Falls
- Wategos Beach
- Clarke’s Beach & The Pass
- Mount Warning
- Broken Head
- Belongil Beach
- Harry Hills Beach
- Cape Byron Walking Track
- Cumbebin Swamp Nature Reserve
Let’s chat about designing your dream Byron Bay wedding!